Friday, July 3, 2009

Monday Blues End

I always wanted to quit on a Monday. Like all blue blooded MBA's I had begun to hate Mondays and wanted to get back on everything that Mondays stood for...
From being " the apple of the eye" for around 5+ years in my organization, now ,i could not see" eye to eye" with my boss. Everyday seemed a burden and the first thought on entering office would be- when would i head back home.
Work was not killing me; but the stress of working on projects that seemed to be headed nowhere was certainly finishing all creativity in me.
To cut matters short- I was on vacation ( 15 day mandatory leave- a not so great perk because you are expected to be available 24/7), when my boss called me and explained to me how times were tough and there were great challenges ahead. How there was a great opportunity in Sales. And How I did not have a choice....All this happened on a Sunday and I was to resume office on Wednesday. Surely this could have waited for 2 more days, but i guess profitability of the vertical was at stake.
So on Monday( Incidentally 13th of the month- I just love these small karmic connections ) i called my boss and told him I did indeed have a choice.. I choose to Quit. I promptly mailed him my resignation and began my second innings to earn a livelihood...this time on my terms..my conditions.
My Monday Blues had come to an end.....

No comments:

Post a Comment